You have the experience, knowledge and ideas to inform lawmakers before they craft and vote on public policy matters affecting the practice of medicine and the care your patients receive.
This year, the Society will focus its efforts on the following:
- Truth in Advertising: New York patients deserve to know who provides their health care and exactly what their health care providers are qualified and licensed to diagnose, prescribe and treat. Healthcare professional transparency requires that advertisements for health care services identify the type of license and qualifications held by a healthcare practitioner.
- Gold Card Bill-Prior Authorization: Managing prior authorization of physicians and procedures, approved 90% of the time, improves time and resources spent on patient access and care.
- Insurance Coverage for Congenital Anomalies: Efforts to enhance coverage for congenital anomalies including medical and dental treatments as well as rehabilitative therapies.
- Advocacy ensures issues affecting plastic surgeons and patients are recognized.
- Regardless of your politics, the consequences of state policy affect your daily practice and cannot be ignored.