The New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc (NYSSPS) was founded in 2008 on the guiding principle that New York’s plastic surgeons need an entity focused directly on representing its member's interests at the state / federal legislative and regulatory levels.
Our Society is specifically structured to
Membership to the New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons is paramount as the Society works on your behalf to address the challenges facing you, your practice and the specialty.
- Act on legislation and regulations that effect plastic surgeons in New York;
- Support activities that create optimal practice environments;
- Provide direct access to practice resources and legal counsel services;
- Host interactive events that foster professional and personal development.
Joining will provide additional value to you, your practice and patients.
- Collective advocacy-related activities, like the ones NYSSPS organizes and participates in, gives members a strong, consistent, unified voice. Your patients and the public at large benefit from the input that physicians provide by constructing better-informed laws and regulations.
- Your membership gives NYSSPS the ability to actively monitor the New York political and regulatory scene and engage policymakers at critical points. This is our priority and commitment to you and your patients.
- Your membership gives you peace of mind – a tremendous value amid the dynamically changing healthcare arena.