Governor Cuomo has called for a series of “listening sessions” across New York State to receive public comment regarding a proposal to legalize and regulate the recreational use of marijuana in New York State.
There are public health concerns with this proposal including but not limited to the following. We encourage all physicians to participate in these listening sessions and provide your expertise and feedback.
- Carcinogenic effects
- Respiratory illnesses
- Altered mental status
In the era of narcotic dependence and associated catastrophic outcome, the State of New York is seeking to legalize this substance. It is important to have a consistent and scientifically sound public health policy concerning this issue.
- Newburgh – Monday, October 1, 2018 – Register
- Binghamton – Tuesday, October 2, 2018 – Register
- Buffalo – Wednesday, October 3, 2018 – Register
- Rochester – Thursday, October 4, 2018 – Register
- Syracuse – Tuesday, October 9, 2018 – Register
- Utica – Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – Register
- Watertown – Thursday, October 11, 2018 –Register
- Ronkonkoma – Tuesday, October 16, 2018 – Register
- New Rochelle – Wednesday, October 17, 2018 – Register