Thank You For Your Membership
How Can We Serve You Better?
We want to hear from you on how we can improve our current services, benefits and efforts. Please take 3 minutes to provide feedback that will help us to focus our resources on the interests of our members.
Take the Survey
Members of the organization have told us that the value of this organization is much greater than its cost and lies in its ability to:
- Connect members with other plastic surgeon colleagues, policymakers and regulators in New York
- Access and receive information specific to issues related to the practice of plastic surgery in New York
- Provide education on how to negotiate contracts as you enter or change practice, survive lawsuits, navigate out of network regulations
- Further define the importance of having an entity at the state level to discuss issues directly with elected officials
What do YOU think? What do YOU want?
What We are Doing for You, Your Practice and Your Patients
The Society has been actively working on (this list is not exhaustive):
- Preventing medical liability expansions and encourage efforts to reduce meritless claims
- Opposing efforts to establish a single payer system in NY
- Reversing regulatory requirements for additional reporting of OBS procedures
- Protecting patients from misleading advertisements
- Ensuring children with congenital anomalies have access to reconstructive and rehabilitative services
- Advocating to reduce the endless hassles with prior authorizations
- Making medical reasons the only allowable exception to vaccination requirements.
Your membership dollar provides direct resources for:
- Advocacy and Governmental Affairs Services
- Educational Events
- Communications / Website / Grassroots Action Center
- Management / Lobbying contracts
- Other expenses like travel and operations like supplies and telecommunications
Your membership in the NYSSPS is vital to our efforts! Thank you again for your commitment to the Society and the profession.