Every member of the New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons has the opportunity to provide input regarding the development of policies and positions impacting plastic surgeons and we encourage you to get involved!
Working with our Executive Council, NYSSPS members have created and advocated for Resolutions that have covered a variety of issues including:
- Insurance Coverage for Congenital Anomalies
- All Payer Database (APD) Not Appropriate as Reimbursement Standard
- Protection of Clinical Decision Making and Ownership of Medical Practices
- Percentage-Based Billing Services Arrangements
What is a Resolution?
Resolutions set forth background information and propose a course of action or statement of policy. Resolutions begin with background information ("Whereas" clause/s) and conclude with a specific proposal ("Resolved" clause/s).
When Crafting a Resolution Keep in Mind the Following:
- What do I want to change?
- Is there existing policy, statute or regulation?
- Who can effect the desired change?
- Are there potential allies?
- What are the financial consequences?
If you would like to work directly with our Executive Council in crafting a resolution to submit at this year’s MSSNY House of Delegates Meeting, please email Babette Grey, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft Resolutions need to be submitted to NYSSPS for consideration by Friday, February 7, 2020